2nd ed. Academic Press, 2014.
Resumen (en inglés):
This book focuses on LTE with full updates including LTE-Advanced (Release-11) to provide a complete picture of the LTE system. Detailed explanations are given for the latest LTE standards for radio interface architecture, the physical layer, access procedures, broadcast, relaying, spectrum and RF characteristics, and system performance.
Key technologies presented include multi-carrier transmission, advanced single-carrier transmission, advanced receivers, OFDM, MIMO and adaptive antenna solutions, radio resource management and protocols, and different radio network architectures. Their role and use in the context of mobile broadband access in general is explained, giving both a high-level overview and more detailed step-by-step explanations.
This book is a must-have resource for engineers and other professionals in the telecommunications industry, working with cellular or wireless broadband technologies, giving an understanding of how to utilize the new technology in order to stay ahead of the competition.
New to this edition:
- In-depth description of CoMP and enhanced multi-antenna transmission including new reference-signal structures and feedback mechanisms
- Detailed description of the support for heterogeneous deployments provided by the latest 3GPP release
- Detailed description of new enhanced downlink control-channel structure (EPDDCH)
- New RF configurations including operation in non-contiguous spectrum, multi-bands base stations and new frequency bands
- Overview of 5G as a set of well-integrated radio-access technologies, including support for higher frequency bands and flexible spectrum management, massive antenna configurations, and ultra-dense deployments
- Covers a complete update to the latest 3GPP Release-11
- Two new chapters on HetNet, covering small cells/heterogeneous deployments, and CoMP, including Inter-site coordination
- Overview of current status of LTE release 12 including further enhancements of local-area, CoMP and multi-antenna transmission, Machine-type-communication, Device-to-device communication