4th ed. Academic Press, 2012.
Resumen (en inglés): Doody’s Core Titles 2013, Doody Enterprises
The fourth edition of this bestselling text will again provide the latest coverage of the biochemistry and physiology of vitamins and vitamin-like substances. Extensively revised and expanded on the basis of recent research findings with enlarged coverage of health effects of vitamin-like factors, it is ideally suited for students and an important reference for anyone interested in nutrition, food science, animal science or endocrinology. It contains a cohesive and well-organized presentation of each of the vitamins, as well as the history of their discoveries and current information about their roles in nutrition and health.
- Selected for inclusion in Doody's Core Titles 2013, an essential collection development tool for health sciences libraries
- Includes approximately 30% new material
- Substantial updates have been made to chapters on vitamins A, C, E, K, folate, and the quasi-vitamins
- Provides checklists of systems affected by vitamin deficiencies and food sources of vitamins
- Key concepts, learning objectives, vocabulary,case studies, study questions and additional reading lists are included making this ideally suited for students
- Thoroughly updated with important recent research results, including citations to key reports, many added tables and several new figures
- Addition of Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (HANES III) data
- Updated Dietary Reference Values