Chandos Publishing, 2015.
Resumen (en inglés):
Cataloguing and Classification introduces concepts and practices in cataloguing and classification, and common library standards. The book introduces and analyzes the principles and structures of library catalogues, including the application of AACR2, RDA, DDC, LCC, LCSH and MARC 21 standards, and conceptual models such as ISBD, FRBR and FRAD. The text also introduces DC, MODS, METS, EAD and VRA Core metadata schemes for annotating digital resources.
- Explains the theory and practice of bibliographic control
- Offers a practical approach to the core topics of cataloguing and classification
- Includes step-by-step examples to illustrate application of the central cataloguing and classification standards
- Describes the new descriptive cataloguing standard RDA, and its conceptual ground, FRBR and FRAD
- Guides the reader towards cataloguing and classifying materials in a digital environment