Academic Press, 2016.
Resumen (en inglés):
Sjogren's Syndrome: Novel Insights in Pathogenic, Clinical and Therapeutic Aspects provides the reader with an overview of current knowledge about Sjogren's Syndrome. The book summarizes the huge amount of literature concerning related advances in genetic background, pathogenesis, clinical picture, and therapeutic approaches. It integrates basic immunology concepts, clinical aspects, and pharmacological issues.
Scientific progress has allowed us to unmask novel pathogenic mechanisms, to perform genome wide studies, and to identify clinical and serological features associated with different disease subsets and, eventually, different disease prognoses. In addition, the increasing knowledge about SS pathogenesis provides the rationale to employ targeted therapies in SS as has already occurred in rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Discusses heterogeneity of topics and audience, from basic immunology to clinical aspects and therapeutics
- Provides novel lines of investigation and supports the management of patients requiring novel therapeutic approaches
- Presents a deeper knowledge on SS clinical management as well as on immunological aspects possibly leading to new lines of investigation
- Offers a bridge between the clinician and the scientist, and vice versa
- Provides the reader with most recent and relevant updates due to the novelty of topics