Academic Press, 2016.
Resumen (en inglés):
Allergy, Immunity and Tolerance in Early Childhood: The First Steps of the Atopic March provides valuable insights on the atopic diseases, including asthma, allergic rhinitis, atopic dermatitis, and food allergies, which have developed into major health problems in most parts of the world.
As the natural history of these chronic diseases has been extensively studied, including their major genetic, environmental, and lifestyle determinants and potential protective factors, the book presents tactics on how pediatric allergists can provide early intervention. In addition, the book unites key, global experts in the field who summarize their collective, and current, knowledge of the early stage of the "Atopic March", along with novel ideas for potential options of prevention.
- Summarizes the current knowledge of the epidemiological, genetic, and cellular basis of allergic diseases
- Ideal reference for the study of allergies in young children, atopic dermatitis, allergic rhinitis, childhood asthma, and food allergies
- Provides landmark findings in the field of immunology and allergy development
- Fulfills the need for a book that focuses on primary and secondary allergy prevention, especially during the first years of life
- Unites key, global experts in the field who summarize their collective, and current, knowledge, along with novel ideas for potential options of prevention